Option to Switch Over to 7th CPC – NC JCM Staff Side – Letter Dt. 29.8.2019
Granting of one more option to switch over to 7th CPC from a date subsequent to 25th of July 2016
“Need one more chance to change to 7th Pay Commission from 25.7.2016 – JCM writes to the Additional Secretary (Pers), GOI”
“Option to switch over to 7th CPC to those employees who are promoted/granted MACP after 25.07.2016”
“Option to switch over to 7th CPC as on date of increment on 01.07.2016”
Shiva Gopal Mishra
National Council (Staff Side)
Joint Consultative Machinery
13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi – 110001
August 29, 2019
The Additional Secretary (Pers)
Government of India,
Ministry of finance,
Department of Expenditure,
North Block, New Delhi. :
Sub: Granting of one more option to switch over to 7th CPC from a date subsequent to 25th of July 2016.
Ref: 1) Minutes of National anomaly Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 17th of July 2018, circulated Vide DOP&T OM No. 11/2/2016-JCA-I (Pt.), dated 31st Jan. 2019.
2) This office Lt. No.C-JCM-2017/fin., dt: 5th March 2019.
The Staff Side of the National Council (JCM) is repeatedly representing to consider the demand for granting of one more option to switch over to the 7th CPC pay scales on a date which is beneficial to the employees. Vide our letter referred at (2) above, the reference of the Judgment of CAT Bombay Bench in OA No.45/12 pronounced on 29/06/2017 was also referred.
In this Judgment the CAT has directed to grant him option to switch over to 6th CPC from a date which is beneficial to the employee, since he has agreed to surrender the arrears already drawn. This Judgment was also implemented by CGDA.
In the meantime, the aggrieved employees of Ordnance Factory Ambajhari under the Department of Defence production, Min. Of Defence approached the CAT Bombay Bench claiming for grant of one more option to switch over to 7th CPC pay scale. After 25/07/2016/ option to switch over to 7 CPC as on date on increment on 01/07/2016.
The CAT after hearing the parties have given a direction to the respondents to consider the representation of the applicants keeping in view the aforesaid DOPT OM dated 08/07/2019, through which the minutes of the Standing committee National Council (JCM) was circulated and has directed the DOP&T to take a decision on the subject matter within a period of 6 weeks from the date of receipt of the copy of the Judgement.
Since the matter is getting unduly delayed the affected employees have started approaching to Court of law to get their grievance settled. This defeats the spirit of the JCM scheme. I therefore request you to kindly arrange to issue Govt. orders for revising the option to switch over to 7th CPC pay scale on the following two situations:
1) Option to switch over to 7th CPC to those employees who are promoted/granted MACP after 25/07/2016.
2) Option to switch over to 7th CPC as on date of increment on 01/07/2016.
‘In this regard kindly refer to ‘the illustration given in our letter dated 22nd March 2018. (copy enclosed for ready reference). We request you to kindly arrange to issue necessary instruction in this regard without further delay.
(Siva Gopal Mishra)
- Submission of Claims for Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance (CEA) for Central Govt Employees 2023 August 29, 2023Read more…
- National Holiday Allowance (NHA) to Non-gazetted Employees who are getting higher pay level under MACPS August 3, 2023Read more…
- 7th CPC Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners – DoPPW Orders 2020 November 23, 2020Read more…
- Enhancement of entry qualification and upgradation of entry Grade Pay of Pharmacist category of Indian Railways July 28, 2020Read more…
- Reduction in the amount of NDA in 7th CPC as compared to 6th CPC after implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC July 27, 2020Read more…
- Night Duty Allowance (NDA) in 7th Pay Commission Order issued July 18, 2020Read more…
- 7th CPC Pay Anomaly in the Supervisory Cadre of Accounts Department in Railways June 29, 2020Read more…
- Revised Scale of Pay, Pay in the pay Band and Grade Pay at the time of Central Government Retirement Employees June 25, 2020Read more…
- Railway HAG Level Officers-Inconsistency in Pay as a Result of the Implementation of 7th CPC Recommendations June 17, 2020Read more…
- Central Government Employees House Rent Allowance (HRA) Will Rise in July 2020? June 7, 2020Read more…