DoPPW is launching nation-wide campaign 2.0 for whole month of November 2023 for their ‘Ease of Living’ for all the Central Government pensioners as well as the Pension Disbursing Authorities for use of DLC/ Face Authentication Technology to submit Digital Life Certificate. (with special provision for pensioners aged 80 years and above to submit their Life Certificates in the month of October 2023) to ensure continuity of their pension.
File No. 1(2)/2023-P&PW(H)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel. PG & Pensions
Department to Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market. New Delhi
August 9. 2023
Subject: Comprehensive Guidelines for the Nation-wide Digital life Certificate Campaign 2.0. November 1-30, 2023
The undersigned is directed to say that submission of Life Certificate is an important activity to he earned out by pensioners every year in the month of November (with special provision for pensioners aged 80 years and above to submit their Life Certificates in the month of October) to ensure continuity of their pension.
2. To enhance ‘Ease of Living’ of Central Government pensioners, this Department engaged with UIDAI & MeitY to develop a Face-Authentication technology system based on UIDAI Aadhaar database whereby it is possible to submit Life Certificate from any Android based smart phone. This is in addition to giving Life Certificate using a bio-metric device on the Jeevan Pramaan App. Video KYC, LC through the Gramin Dak Sevaks by using the App of India Post Payments Bank and Door-step service by the consortium of Public Sector Banks.
3. With a view to spread awareness amongst all the Central Government pensioners as well as the Pension Disbursing Authorities for use of DLC through Face Authentication Technology. DoPPW launched a nation-wide campaign in 37 cities in collaboration with SBI, PNB. Pensioners’ Associations. UIDAI & MeitY in the month of November 2022. This campaign resulted into use of DLC by approx. 35 Lakh out of 69.8 Lakh Central Government Pensioners across India.
4. DoPPW shall now be conducting a Nation-wide DLC Campaign 2.0 in 100 cities of India, where there is a significant presence of Central Government Pensioners, from 1st to 30th November, 2023. The objective of this Campaign is to promote increased use of Face Authentication Technology and DLC modes with a target of 50 Lakh Central Government Pensioners across India The SOP regarding the technique of issuing DLC through Face Authentication is attached for reference.
5. In order to conduct this Campaign, DoPPW shall obtain the support of the following stake-holders:
- Pension Disbursing Banks
- Pensioners’ Associations
- Ministry of Defence, Postal & Railways (for their own pensioners)
- PIB & DD (for media support)
- UIDAI &. MeitY (for technical support)
6. Nation -wide DLC campaign 2.0 Features:
• There shall be a common All-India banner of the Nationwide DLC Campaign to be shared separately by DOPPW.
• DoPPW shall nominate its Nodal officers for each State: these Nodal Officers shall tie up with the Campaign Nodal officers of the different stake-holders, as given above for the respective States/UTs,
• The 100 cities have been identified and multiple locations within each city will be identified in consultation with the stakeholders
• Camps will be organized at the identified multiple locations in each city, shortlisted for the Campaign by the banks.’estabhshments.
• Each Bank shall nominate its nodal officers for each State. UT who shall coordinate with the Bank’s nodal officer for each city for the Campaign. DoPPW shall coordinate with the State Nodal Officers only.
• M/o Defence. Railway, Posts & Telecom shall appoint their own Nodal Officers.
• UIDAI and MeitY shall also nominate Nodal officers for technical support for each State/UT.
• FIB & DD shall nominate its Nodal officers for publicity in each State/UT.
• From September. 2023. onwards wide publicity is to be carried out through social media, print media, banks and registered pensioners’ associations.
• The Banka/ Establishiments associating for the Campaign in a particular State shall hold camps on designated days of November. In addition camps will also he held on other days by all Bank branches for the Pensioners reaching Banks.
• MeitY shall be roped in for utilizing its software to give real-time inputs on the progress of the Campaign.
• A Social Media group of all the Nodal officers shall be created by DOPPW for real-time-sharing of information during the Campaign.
7. A separate DLC portal with URL https://ipension.nic.in/dlcportal has been created wherein details of Nodal Officers at State and city level shall be registered. All inputs related to the Campaign such as URLs of tweets and PIB notes/ press releases are to he entered in this portal. The user manual for the DLC Portal is attached for reference.
8. Pre-Campaign Preparation Phase (August 1 – August 30, 2023)
Nomination of Nodal officers by DoPPW, all Banks. Defence (SPARSH), UIDAI, MeitY. PIB and DD.
State-wise meetings of all the stake-holders for the identified 100 cities with DoPPW officials.
Training of Nodal officers, Bankers & Training of trainers by DoPPW/ UIDAI/ MeitY on DLC through Face authentication and DLC Portal
9. Campaign Period activities (1st November – 30th November, 2023)
• Launch of Nationwide DLC Campaign 2.0 on 1st November, 2023 under the auspice of Hon’ble Dr. Jitendra Singh. MOS.
• DLC camps in 100 cities as per schedule from Nov 1 -10, 2023 when the maximum rush is expected; thereafter the Banks/Establishments shall keep the facility open.
• Visit of DoPPW nominated officials to different locations to monitor & inspect the drive.
. Daily updation of data centrally by MeitY of the progress of the DLC Campaign in a pre-determined format to he intimated separately.
• Release of PIB note and tweets for cadi location in even, city by respective nodal officers. This shall be monitored by the DoPPW official in-charge of that particular State/UT.
• Mid – Campaign Press conference by DOPPW on 15th November 2023.
• Sharing of PIB notes, tweets links. DD coverage on Campaign by the Nodal officers on the portal/social media group.
• End of Campaign Press conference by DOPPW on 30th November.
• Release of Nation Wide DLC campaign booklet by DOPPW.
How to Submit Life Certificate through Online
One of the best practices in digital innovation launched by Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
DOPPW in collaboration with UIDAI & MIETY has launched Face Authentication technology for submission of Digital Life Certificate for enhancing Ease of Living” of 70 lakhs Central Govt. Pensioners’.
DLC through Face Authentication Technology is based on Aadhaar using Android based smartphone.
Process of submitting Life Certificate through
STEP-1: In this step, the pensioner/family pensioner needs to go to the Google Play Store and search for “Aadhaar Face RD (Early Access) Application” by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) with Version 0.7.39.
STEP-2: After successfully installing the Aadhaar Face RD App on the device, it will appear in the Settings under App Manager or App Info. This application is used for the background process of the Jeevan Pramaan Application, so it is mandatory to install it.
STEP-3: Once the Aadhaar Face RD App is installed on your smartphone/ Android device, the pensioner/family pensioner needs to download another application called “Jeevan Pramaan” from the Google Play Store with Version 3.6.3.
STEP-4: After successfully installing both applications, the pensioner/ family pensioner should open the “Jeevan Pramaan” application. They will be taken to the “Operator Authentication” screen where they have to provide their personal details as follows:
- Click on the Aadhaar checkbox.
- Enter the Aadhaar Number.
- Enter the Mobile Number.
- Enter the Email Address.
- Click on the Submit Button
Please ensure that all the information provided by pensioners/ family pensioners/members of family pensioners is correct as per the records. the sections marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
STEP-5: After providing all the information, the pensioner/family pensioner needs to submit the OTP (One-Time Password) sent to their
respective mobile number and email address.
STEP-6: After submitting the OTP, the Jeevan Pramaan App will take the pensioner/family pensioner to a screen where they have to provide their “Name” as per the records. They should click on the checkbox and then click on Scan. The app will request permission for Face Scan, and the pensioner/family pensioner should press “Yes” to continue the process.
STEP-7: Before the scan, the app will display instructions and guidelines for the face scan. The pensioner/family pensioner should read them carefully. Afterward, they need to click on the “I am aware of this” checkbox to continue and press proceed. The app will capture their face.
- The operator authentication is a one time process.
- Pensioner can also be the Operator.
- After operator authentication, a screen will open for pensioner authentication.
- One operator can generate multiples DLCs of Pensioners.
STEP-9: After successfully completing the face scan, the pensioner/ family pensioner will be taken to the “Pensioner Authentication” screen. They or any family member will need to fill in the correct information as per the records. After filling in all the necessary details, they should click on the submit button, and it will generate the “DIGITAL LIFE CERTIFICATE.”
After face scanning DLC submission appears on the mobile screen along with the Pramaan ID and PPO No.
For queries mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Follow us Facebook and Twitter
f @facebook.com/DoPPW. India @twitter.com/DOPPW_India
*DLC documentary- https://youtu.be/nNMlkTYqTF8