Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2024-25 for Class 1
Instructions regarding to online application for admission to Std 1 in Kendriya Vidyalayas for the academic year 2024-2025:
The admission procedure for Kendriya Vidyalaya for the academic year 2024-25 for Class 1 is as follows. First, parents or guardians need to visit the official website of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) to access the online admission form. The form should be filled out carefully, providing all the required information accurately. Next, parents should gather the necessary documents for admission registration. These documents include the child’s birth certificate, residence proof, and any other supporting documents as specified by the KVS. After submitting the form, parents will receive a unique registration number.
Fresh admission to Class-I is done through an online application portal developed for this purpose. The entire process of fresh admission in Class-I such as submitting applications by the prospective parents, generation of provisional select list and wait list of candidates has been done through online application portal to streamline the admission process in KVs. This has enhanced transparency and elimination of human error.
In conclusion, the admission procedure for Kendriya Vidyalaya for Class 1 in the academic year 2024-25 involves filling out an online form, gathering the necessary documents, and visiting the school for verification. It is important to follow the instructions carefully and provide accurate information to ensure a smooth admission process.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) admission rules, regulations and guidelines 2023-24 available in the Link.
- You are strongly advised NOT to submit multiple applications to the same Vidyalaya for the same child. If multiple registration forms are submitted for the same child in the same Kendriya Vidyalaya, only the last application will be considered in admission process.
- In a double shift Kendriya Vidyalaya, each shift will be treated as separate Vidyalaya for admission purpose.
In order to filling of the application form, please keep the following information to be ready:
- a valid mobile number with Indian SIM card,
- a valid email address,
- a digital photograph or scanned photograph of the child seeking admission (JPEG file of size at most 256KB),
- a scan copy of the child’s birth certificate (JPEG or PDF file of size at most 256KB),
- details of government certificate in case you are applying under economically weak section,
- transfer details of parent/grandparent whose service credentials will be used in the application.
There are two necessary steps involved in successfully submitting an application form.
- Registering on the portal: On successful registration, you will be assigned a unique Login Code. Please note down your unique Login Code carefully.
- Filling and submitting application: The Login Code obtained after registration must be used to login and fill the online application form. You can indicate choice of up to three (3) different Vidyalayas in India, without any preference between Vidyalayas, in a single form. After filling in the application form, it must be submitted by clicking on the Submit Application button. On successful submission, you will be assigned a unique Application Submission Code, that is different from the Login Code. You will also be shown a list of original documents to be submitted to a Vidyalaya at the time of admission in case provisional admission is offered by the Vidyalaya. Please note down your Application Submission Code and the list of documents to be submitted at the time of admission carefully.
Completing the registration and submitting an application requires use of one-time password (OTP) that is sent by SMS to the mobile number provided during registration. You are strongly advised to register your own mobile number (with Indian SIM card) and not that of relatives, friends, agents, cyber-cafe operators or others.
Details provided at the time of registration cannot be subsequently changed in the admission form. Please enter these details correctly and exactly as per documentary evidence (like birth certificate) available with them.
In the application form, a Save Application button has been provided to help you save (possibly partially filled) data, and resume filling the form at a later time.
By clicking the Save Application button, the form is only saved for you to continue filling it in a later session. The form is NOT submitted to KVS by clicking on the Save Application button. The only way to submit the form to KVS is by clicking on the Submit Application button after filling in the entire form, at the end of which an Application Submission Code is generated.
Once an application form has been submitted and Application Submission Code generated, the submitted application form cannot be edited.
If you realize that incorrect information has been submitted in your application, you have the option to cancel your submitted application. Canceling a submitted application requires use of an OTP that is sent to your registered mobile number. This is meant to prevent accidental cancelation of a submitted application.
An application, once canceled, cannot be revived, and the Application Submission Code for the application becomes null and void. Data from a canceled application form will NOT be visible to KVS after cancelation of the form.
After canceling a submitted application, you can re-apply using the same Login Code before the last date of submission of applications. However, this will be treated as a fresh application, and must be filled in and submitted all over again. A new Application Submission Code will be generated when the fresh application form is submitted.
Only your Application Submission Code (and not your Login Code) must be used for all communication with KVS and with the Vidyalaya’s you have applied to.
For admission application under Special Provisions as detailed in KVS guidelines, except in Single Girl Child category, please submit the online application form through the portal, and then contact the Principal of the concerned Vidyalaya directly (not through the admission portal), citing your Application Submission Code along with all documentary evidence required for applying under ‘Special Provisions’.
For admission application in Single Girl Child category, please submit the online application form and upload required documents like any other admission application. There is no need to contact the Principal of the Vidyalaya (to which the child is seeking admission) directly in this case.
For twins/ triplets/… who are eligible for admission in Single Girl Child category as per KVS guidelines, you must register, fill in and submit the online application form separately for each sibling. To ensure that the applications are considered together for admission in Single Girl Child category, the individual applications must be linked using a Linking Code generated by the online admission portal.
Mere registration and submission of the application form DOES NOT confer a right to admission to any child. Admissions will be offered by individual Vidyalayas, depending on available seats and as per KVS guidelines after examining application details, and after originals of all required documents have been produced at the time of admission.
Please check the results/ shortlists of admissions with individual Vidyalayas on the dates announced by KVS/ individual Vidyalayas for declaration of admission results.
In case provisional admission is given by a Vidyalaya after the results are announced, originals of all supporting documents listed while submitting the form must be presented to the concerned Vidyalaya at the time of admission. Failure to provide these original documents may lead to the admission being canceled.
KVS ADMISSION SCHEDULE FOR THE ACADEMIC SESSION 2024-25
Important dates for KV Admission 2024-25 for Class 1:
- Opening Date of Online KVS registration for Class 1 – Will be notified soon
- Closing Date of Online KVS registration for Class 1 – Will be notified soon
- KVS Class I First Merit List date – Will be notified soon
- KVS Class I Second Merit List date – Will be notified soon
(if seats remain vacant)
- KVS Class I Third Merit List date – Will be notified soon
(if seats remain vacant)
KV Admission Age Limit for 1st Standard 2024-25
As per the new guidelines of KVS for 2022-23, the eligibility age for admission in class 1 is 6 years as on 31st March. And also the student born on 1st April should be considered. Minimum age for admission in class-I will be 6 years as per NEP 2020.
What is minimum age for KV admission?
The minimum age for class 1 admission in KV schools is 6 years. The age of the student should be above 6 years as of 31st March.
ELIGIBLE AGE FOR ADMISSION FOR CLASS 1
A Child must be 6 years old as on 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought for Class I. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes is given below: (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
The KVS Admission Age Table is given below:
KVS Admission Age For Class 1 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 6 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 8 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 2 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 7 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 9 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 3 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 8 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 10 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 4 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 8 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 10 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 5 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 9 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 11 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 6 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 10 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 12 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 7 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 11 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 13 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 8 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 12 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 14 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 9 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 13 years
Max Age (As on 31st March): 15 years
KVS Admission Age For Class 10 Minimum Age (As on 31st March): 14 years
ax Age (As on 31st March): 16 years
Note : The maximum age limit can be relaxed by two years in case of Differently abled children by the Principal.
B. There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI provided the student is seeking admission in the year of passing Class X examination. Similarly, there will be no upper & lower age limit for admission to class XII provided there has been no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class XI.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Online Admission official website – kvsonlineadmission.in
Who Can Apply For Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission?
Preference in admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya is given to children of Central Government employees, state government staff and then to the private employees.
Kendriya Vidyalaya seats are divided into five categories:
- First preference is given to the Central Govt employees ward.
- Second preference is to the Army and Ex-Army men’s children.
- Third preference is given to Government employees’ children.
- Fourth preference is given to the single girl child quota.
- Fifth preference/last is given to the private or self-employed personnel.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 1 Reservation
- 15% of seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% seats are reserved for ST. The shortfall in the number of seats reserved for SC and ST will be worked out after considering the number of SC/ST children admitted under RTE quota.
- 10 seats (out of 40 seats) in Class I per section are to be filled as per RTE Provisions (25% of seats) and these 10 seats will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer).
- In the second phase, remaining seats are filled as per the existing priority category system. The shortfall in the seats reserved for SC/ST, if any shall be made good by admitting SC/ST applicants. For example, in a single section school, 6 seats are reserved for SC and 3 Seats for ST (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST). Assuming that, 2 SC candidates, 1 ST candidate, and 1 Differently Abled candidate are admitted under RTE in the lottery system in the first phase, then available SC seats will be considered as 6-2 = 4 and ST seats will be 3-1 = 2. The left out registered candidates from SC and ST category will be considered as per the order of priority categories for admission. In this case, the remaining 4 seats will be available for admission under the order of Priority of Category.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 2 To Class 8 Reservation
There is no admission test/exam for admission of students in Class 2-Class 8 in Kendriya Vidyalaya. The admission is granted based on the priority category system. If applications are more than the number of seats, the lottery system is followed for each category including single girl child quota (Class VI onwards).
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 9 Reservation
- An admission test will be conducted for admission to Class 9. A merit list will also be prepared for each category of priority separately. Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
- Admission test shall be conducted in the following 5 subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science and Science.
- There will be only one paper of Admission Test of 3 hours duration and 100 marks comprising Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science & Science each subject carrying 20 marks.
Candidates must secure 33% marks on an average to qualify. Students belonging to SC/ST/Divyang category (PH) will be eligible for admission upon securing 25% on average.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 11 Reservation
Admission in different streams like – Science, Commerce, Humanities of Class 11 students in Kendriya Vidyalaya will be based on the average marks scored in Class 10 exams:
- Science: A minimum of 60% marks on an average in all subjects.
- Commerce: A minimum of 55% marks on an average in all subjects.
- Humanities: All students of Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) if declared successful in Class 10 exam.
Read Also: KV School Fee structure 2023-24
Documents Required For Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission:
- Certificate of proof of age for Class 1 students in the form of a birth certificate issued by an authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council/Municipality/Municipal Corporation, extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel.
- For other classes, the date of birth recorded in the transfer certificate issued by a school recognized by the State Education Department will be accepted. The original certificate of date of birth will be returned to the parent/guardian after verification.
- Admissions for students up to Class 8 may be granted without any school transfer certificate provided the child is otherwise eligible and his birth certificate has been issued by a Govt. body.
For grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament and PSU employees, proof of relationship of either of the child’s parents with the Hon’ble Member of Parliament or PSU employees would be needed.
- For grandchildren of KVS employee, a proof of relationship of either of the child’s parent with the KVS employee (serving or retired) would be required.
- A Caste certificate that the child belongs to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/EWS/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/BPL wherever applicable, issued by the competent authority in concerned State Government/Union Government is required.
- The certificate in respect of either of the parents may be accepted initially, for the purpose of admission, if this certificate is not available for the child. However, the certificate in respect of the child has to be submitted within a period of 3 months from the date of admission.
- A certificate from the civil surgeon/rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority defined by the Government of India O.M. No. 36035/5/88/Estt. (sct) dated 4.5.1999 certifying the child to be handicapped, wherever applicable. In case the handicap of the child can be visually seen by the Principal, the child may be accepted as handicapped even without a certificate. However, the parent may be advised to obtain the relevant certificate from the competent authority and submit the same to the school.
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years duly signed and stamped by the head of the office bearing the name, designation and other relevant particulars in block letters.
- A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees.
- Proof of residence is also required in a few cases.
KVS Contact Details:
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan,
18, Industrial Area,
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
New Delhi – 110016
Phone No: 011-26858570, 26512579
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org