Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Class 6 Admission 2024-25
Navodaya Online Application Form for 6th Class 2024-25
JNVST Class 6 Online Admission Form, Eligibility Criteria, JNV Selection Test Date, Result for class VI JNVST 2024.
The last date for submission of online application forms for Class 6 JNVST-2024 has been further extended up to 25.08.2023.
The correction window for making modifications in online application forms by registered candidates in the fields GENDER (MALE/FEMALE), CATEGORY (GENERAL/OBC/SC/ST), AREA (RURAL/URBAN), DISABILITY and MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION will remain open only for two days after the last date of submission of online applications.
JNVST (Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test) Class 6 Admission Form for the academic year 2024-25. Navodaya Vidyalayas are co-educational residential schools, established under the Ministry of Education, Government of India. These schools provide quality education to talented students predominantly from rural areas.
The JNVST Navodaya Vidyalaya Class 6 Admission Form for the academic year 2024-25 is now available for online application. Interested candidates can apply by visiting the official website of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. The admission form is open to eligible students from all states and union territories of India. It is important to carefully fill out the form with accurate information to ensure a smooth application process.
Admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is made on the basis of a Selection Test, designed and conducted by the CBSE. The test is called the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). It is of non-verbal nature, class-neutral and designed so as to ensure that talented children from rural areas are able to compete without facing any disadvantage. Special care is taken to ensure that children from far flung areas get admission forms free of cost, without any difficulty.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission Notification 2024-25 for Class VI
NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SAMITI
An Autonomous Organization Under Ministry of Education
Department of School Education & Literacy, Government of India
Admission Notification to Class VI in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (2024-25)
Online applications are invited for admission to class VI in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas through Selection Test for the session 2024-25.
JNVST Class VI Admission 2024-25 Details
|Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
|Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST)
|JNVST Admission for
|JNVST Class 6 Online Application Start Date
|Last Date to Submit Online Application Form
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2024
JNV Selection Test for admission to Class-VI in JNVs for the academic session 2024-25 will be held in two phases as given below:
JNVST Class 6 Admission 2024-25 Important Dates
|Release of Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission Form 2024
|Last Date to Submit Online Admission Form
|Exam Date for Hilly Areas
|Exam Date for Other Areas
|Declaration of Result
|Will be announced later
JNVST Class 6 Admission 2024-25 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate who is studying class V in a district is allowed to apply for admission to JNV in the same district only. Only the bonafide resident candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been located and studying class V in the same district are eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates who have passed class V before the session 2023-24 or repeated candidates are not allowed. NVS has the right to compare the application data of previous year(s) to identify the repeater candidates. If noticed, such candidates will not be allowed to appear for JNVST 2024.
- The candidate must not have been born before 01.05.2012 and not after 31.07.2023. (Both dates are inclusive)
- A candidate seeking admission to class VI must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt. /Govt. aided/ recognized school spending one full academic session in each class.
- No candidate is eligible to apply for the selection test for the second time, under any circumstances. Particulars filled by the candidate in the application form will be validated & if the candidate is found repeater, he/she will not be allowed to appear in the selection test. Admit card for such candidates will not be released.
Instructions for the candidates:
Required Documents to Fill JNVST Class 6 Online Application Form:
- The process of submission of online application involves only single stage.
- The reservations to the OBC candidates shall be implemented as per Central List. The OBC candidates not included in Central list should apply as General Candidate.
- Keep the following scanned copies ready before start filling the application in JPG Format Only.
- Candidate’s signature. (Size of signature should be between 10-100 kb.)
- Parent’s signature. (Size of signature should be between 10-100 kb.)
- Candidate’s photograph. (Size of image should be between 10-100 kb.)
- Certificate signed by parent & candidate and verified by Headmaster. (Size of image should be between 50-300 kb.)
- Residence Certificate of the parent Issued by competent Government Authority if candidate does not possess Aadhaar Number
JNVST Class 6 Admission 2024 Reservation Policy
Reservation for Rural, SC/ST, Girls & Disabled Children
|One-third of available seats
|Divyang (PH) candidates
** “Blindness” refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely:-
Total absence of sight; or Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses; or
Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse.
** “Hearing Impairment” means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
** “Locomotors disability” means disability of the bones joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
** “Person with disability” means a person suffering from not less than forty percent of any disability as certified by a medical authority.
For Registration & Details Log in: https://navodaya.gov.in
To apply for admission into Class 6 at Navodaya Vidyalaya for the academic year 2024-25, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test at [insert website link].
Step 2: On the homepage, locate and click on the “Admission Form” link.
Step 3: Fill in the required information in the online form, including your personal details (such as the candidate’s name, date of birth, gender, category, etc.), contact information, and address details.
Step 4: Upload scanned copies of the necessary documents, which may include the candidate’s passport-sized photograph, signature, proof of age, proof of address, and category certificate (if applicable).
Step 5: After completing the form, review all the information provided for accuracy.
Step 6: Submit the form by clicking on the “Submit” button.
Step 7: Make sure to note down the unique registration number or take a printout of the completed form for future reference.
How to register online for JNV Selection Test 2024 for Class 6:
❖ The process for submission of application for JNV Selection Test has been simplified through online process. Registration can be done free of cost through the admission portal of NVS linked through https://navodaya.gov.in
❖ Candidates/ parents have to go through the notification cum prospectus and ensure the fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
❖ The following documents in soft form (.JPG format of size between 10 to 100 kb) may be kept ready for registration:
• Certificate verified by the Head Master mentioning the details of candidate in the prescribed format
• Signature of parent
• Signature of candidate
• Aadhaar details/ Residence certificate issued by competent Government authority.
❖ Basic details of candidate like State, District, Block, Aadhaar number, etc. are to be filled in the application portal.
❖ The eligible candidates have to fill up the online form and upload the verified certificate with the photograph along with signatures of both candidate and his/her parent. The verification of the information provided by the parent in the certificate will be done by the Head Master of the School where the candidate is studying in class V. The certificate should be uploaded in jpg format of the size between10-100 kb only.
❖ In case of candidates from NIOS, candidates should obtain `B’ certificate and residence should be in the same district where he/she is seeking admission.
❖ Online platform is in open source and free of cost. Application may be submitted from any source like desktop, laptop, mobile, tablet etc.
❖ In all JNVs a help desk will be available to assist the candidates/parents to upload application free of cost. Parents may also approach the help desk in JNV along with candidate and required documents such as verified certificate with photograph along with signature of both candidate and his/her parent and a mobile phone with valid active mobile number for receiving the OTP, registration number and password through SMS for registration process.
❖ All the efforts are to be made to provide correct information in the portal which may be substantiated at the time of admission after selection with supporting documents.
❖ Since online data is being captured, it is requested to fill the data in online application form with due care. In case of discrepancy between the data in the online application form and information submitted in the certificate attached, the information submitted in the online application form will be taken as final for further processing.
❖ The correction window to modify the information in the selected fields only will be opened for a few days after the last date of submission of application form. The information of opening correction window will be uploaded in NVS website/registration portal.
It is intimated to all concerned that verification of proofs for residence of District, age, eligibility including district of study, category (Rural/urban & OBC, SC, ST, Divyang) etc. as per norms will be done for all provisionally selected candidates through the laid down procedure after the declaration of results.
How to Apply Online JNVST Class 6 Application Form 2024
- Visit the official website of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti via www.navodaya.gov.in.
- Then click on the link ”Online application form for class VI Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2024“
- On Next Page, JNVST Class 6 Application Form 2024 will be open.
- At the time of registration, Study Certificate is required for admission to Class 6.
- Fill all data and upload the required documents and click on the Submit button.
- Note your Registration number and save it.
- Now take the print out of JNVST Class 6 Application Form 2024 for future.
Issue of Admit Cards
The admit cards will be made available as per date decided by NVS in due course which will be displayed on application portal. The admit cards shall be downloaded free of cost by the candidates/ parents before the conduct of JNVST.
Result of the JNVST Class 6 Selection Test 2024-25
The result of JNV Selection Test 2024 is expected to be announced by March or April, 2024.. Candidates can get the result from the admission portal. The result will also be displayed in the offices of the concerned:
i. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
ii. District Education Officer
iii. District Magistrate
iv. Deputy Commissioner, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti of the Region.
v. The website of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti www.navodaya.gov.in. The Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya concerned, will also inform the provisionally selected candidates through SMS on the registered mobile number followed by a speed post.
NVS will release only two wait lists against vacancies which may arise due to unwillingness and non-submission of basic essential certificates by the provisionally selected candidates. The entire admission process for the session 2024-25 will be closed latest by 31st December 2024.
|Prospectus PDF Link
|Online Application Link
|Previous Year Question Booklet
Facilities for Students JNVs:
Navodaya Vidyalayas are affiliated to CBSE and offer free education to talented children from Class-VI to XII. Each Navodaya Vidyalaya is a co-educational residential institution providing free boarding and lodging, free school uniforms, text books, stationery, and to and fro rail and bus fare to students.
- However, a nominal fee @ Rs. 600/- per month is charged from students of Classes- IX to XII as Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi.
- The students belonging to SC/ST categories, girls and children of the families Below Poverty Line (BPL) are exempted from payment of this fee.
- VVN is collected @ Rs. 1500/- per student per month from the students whose parents are Govt. Employees.
The following facilities are provided to the students in JNVs at free of cost
(2) Boarding facilities
(3) Lodging facilities
(5) Text books
(6) Stationery (such as pen, pencil, eraser, scale, geometry box, note books, school bag )
(7) Daily use items(Bathing soap, Washing soap, Tooth paste, Tooth brush, Shoe polish, Hair oil, Washing and ironing of cloths, Sanitary napkins for girls)
(8) Following expenditure on students in JNVs also born by NVS
(a) Travel expenditure of students by IIIAC in train/AC bus
(b) Medical expenditure.
Eligibility Conditions and Composition of the Test for Class VI
For All Candidates
- Only candidates from the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission. However, in the district where the JNV is opened and is bifurcated at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for the purpose of eligibility for admission in the JNVs. This applies to cases where new Vidyalaya has not yet been started in the newly bifurcated district .
- Candidates appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the entire academic session in a Government/Government-Aided, other recognized school or ‘B’ Certificate Competency Course of National Institute of Open Schooling, in the same district where he/she seeks admission.
- A school will be deemed to have been recognized if it is declared so by the Government or by any other agency authorized on behalf of the Government. Schools, where students have obtained ‘B’ certificate under National Institute of Open Schooling should have accreditation of NIOS. A candidate must successfully complete Class-V. Actual admission in Class-VI will be subject to these conditions.
- A candidate seeking admission must be within the age group of 9 to 13 years. This is applicable to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes(SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs).
- A candidate claiming admission from rural quota must have studied and passed Classes- III, IV and V from a Govt./Govt. Aided/ recognised school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in a rural area.
- A candidate who has studied in a school located in an urban area even for a single day of a session in any of the Classes-III, IV or V, will be considered as an Urban area candidate. Urban areas are those, which are so notified in the 2011 Census or through a subsequent Government Notification. All other areas will be considered as rural.
- A candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before 30th September, is not eligible to apply.
No candidate is eligible to appear in the JNV Selection Test for a second time, under any circumstances.
Composition of the test
The medium of the Test (JNVST) will be in any language out of 20 languages as notified.
|Exam. Papers of JNVST Class-VI
|Medium/ Languages in which JNVST is Conducted
|Manipuri (Meitei Mayek)
|Manipuri (Bangla Script)
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h2″ question-0=”What is Jawahar navodaya vidyalaya entrance exam?” answer-0=”Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) is conducted for admission to class VI in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalas located across the country in 28 states and 7 union territories. This exam conducted by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti aims at selected the best students for study at JNV schools in India.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h2″ question-1=”How can I apply for navodaya entrance exam 2024?” answer-1=”Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has released the JNVST 2024 Application form on the official website https://navodaya.gov.in/. Candidates are must fill the application form from the website. The eligible candidates can able to write the entrance exam for selection.” image-1=”” headline-2=”h2″ question-2=”What is the age limit of for navodaya admission for Class 6?” answer-2=”Candidate seeking admission in JNV, must be within the age group of 9 to 13 years. This is applicable to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes(SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs).” image-2=”” headline-3=”h2″ question-3=”Who is eligible for admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya for Class 6?” answer-3=”Candidates successfully completed V class during the academic session 2023-24 can Apply for Navodaya Vidyalaya admission. No candidate is allowed to appear in the exam for the second time.” image-3=”” headline-4=”h2″ question-4=”What is the last date and exam date for JNVST 2024 for class 6?” answer-4=”Students can apply online to the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2024 for Class VI (JNVST 2024). The last date to submit online application is 25.08.2023.” image-4=”” headline-5=”h2″ question-5=”What is the last date for navodaya registration 2023 for class 9?” answer-5=”Students can apply to the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2023 for Class IX (JNVST 2023) until 15 October 2022, Selection Test will be held on 11.02.2023.” image-5=”” count=”6″ html=”true” css_class=””]