Retirement Age of KV Employees – Discontinuation of 2 Years Extension in Service
Amendment in Article 51 – Age of Retirement Amendment in Education Code for Kendriya Vidyalayas
“Two years extension in service shall be granted to National Awardee teachers on year to year basis subject to physical fitness end mental alertness”
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
18, Institutional Area Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
Date: 20.03 2019
Subject: Amendment in Article 51 Of Education Code for Kendriya Vidyalayas-reg.
The Board of Governors of KVS in its meeting held on has approved discontinuation of 2 yeas extension in service being provided to National Awardee Teachers after attaining the age of Superannuation. This was decided by the MHRD & conveyed vide its letter No.F.3-26/201B-UT-2 dated 07.12.2018. However, services of these teachers Will be utilized by the KVS on contractual basis against clear vacancy. No proposal should be forwarded to KVS (HQ) in this regard henceforth.
In compliance with the decisior of BOG, KVS the existing and amended provision of Article 51 of Education Code be read as under:-
Existing Article 51 – Age Of Retirement
Every Employee Of The Sangathan Shall Retire In The Afternoon Of The Last Day Of The Month In Which He Attains The Age Of Sixty (60) Years, Except Those Who Are Born On The Last Day Of The Month Who Shall Retire On The Day Of The Previous Month. Two Years Extension In Service Shall Be Granted To National Awardee Teachers On Year To Year Basis Subject To Physical Fitness End Mental Alertness.
Amended Article 51 – Age Of Retirement.
Every Employee Of The Sangathan Shall Retire In The Afternoon of The Last Day Of The Month In Which He Attains The Age Of Sixty (60) Years, Except Those Who Are Born On The 1st Day Of The Month Who Shall Retire On The Last Day Of The Previous Month.
The above amendment shall Come into force with immediate effect.
Additional Commissioner (Admn.)
1. The Deputy Commissioner, KVS, All regicnal offices, They are requested to circulate the said Office Memorandum to all the Kendriya Vidyalayas under their Jurisdiction.
2. The Director, KVS, All ZIETs.
3. All officers and Sections in KVS(HQ) New Delhi
4. All recognized Associations.
5. The Deputy Commissioner (EDP) for information. He is requested to upload the said Memorandum on the website of KVS.
Source: Kendriya Vidyalayas
- Confederation of Central Government Employees Oppose Premature Compulsory Retirement September 28, 2020Read more…
- Tamil Nadu Government Employees Retirement Age Increased to 59 Years May 7, 2020Read more…
- No Plan to Reduce the Retirement Age of Central Government Employees April 27, 2020Read more…
- Retirement of Central Government Employees on 31 March 2020 – Dopt Order March 31, 2020Read more…
- Increasing Retirement Age From 60 to 65 years for All the Doctors of Ayush and Allopathy March 16, 2020Read more…
- PREMATURE RETIREMENT OF GOVERNMENT SERVANTS February 7, 2020Read more…
- Army is Considering Raising the Retirement Age of Soldiers 54 to 58 – Armed Forces Chief Bipin Rawat February 6, 2020Read more…
- No Proposal to Reduce Superannuation Age of Central Govt Employees November 27, 2019Read more…
- No proposal to fix retirement age of govt employees as 60 years or 33 years of service: Govt November 26, 2019Read more…
- There is no idea to change the retirement age of Central Government Employees September 26, 2019Read more…